Top 10 Definitions You Should Know…
Here are today’s top 10 Radio Control Definitions:
- Glide Time: The time between the engine falling out of the model and the airplane hitting the ground.
- Aeromodeling: The art of turning precision-cut and glued balsa wood and foam into toothpicks and confetti.
- Crash: A simple method of seeing inside a model airplane. Also, Synonym for “re-kitting” a model.
- Receiver: Part of the radio that picks up interference.
- Tank: Temporary storage place for chemicals before they saturate the plane.
- Elevator: Device that prevents level flight.
- Dead Stick: You will find two of these on your transmitter after failing to properly charge your batteries.
- Glitch: The word you yell just after you pull up-elevator while flying inverted, 10 feet above the ground
- Fail Safe: A setting on radios that allows the pilot to choose whether to crash near him or far away.
- Engine: A device on a model airplane that makes noise, and will suddenly stop doing so just beyond a safe glide-in distance