The B-17 is an iconic airplane that just about anyone into aviation can identify with. It helped turn the tide in World War 2 for the allied forces. As perhaps the most famous bomber of World War Two it was famed for taking abuse and bringing crews back home even with enormous damage to the aircraft itself.
Many RC modelers dream of flying a B-17 but the expense of multi-engine aircraft deters most from taking on a project such as the B-17. However E-flite has brought the famed bomber to the masses in a UMX version that is easy on storage and the budget. Add in the AS3X stability and this little plane will be soaring at park flyer field around the world.
- Completely built and flight ready
- AS3X® technology provides superior flight performance
- Ultra-lightweight construction with an authentic “Man O War II” trim scheme
- Four-motor, counter-rotating operation with 3-blade propellers
- Four-channel control includes throttle, aileron, elevator and rudder
- Industry leading 2.4GHz Spektrum™ DSMX® technology
- Performance ultra micro linear long-throw servos
- Removable landing gear and simulated retracted wheels
- Ultra micro 250mAh 1S 3.7V 20C Li-Po battery (included)
- E-flite® 1S DC Li-Po charger (included)
Authentic Trim Scheme
Attention to detail and respect for the scale outline of the original B-17G Flying Fortress makes this fully-assembled 1/48-scale ultra micro airplane a thrill to fly. Its three-blade propellers complement its authentic “Man O War II” trim scheme.
Removable Landing Gear
The plug-in main landing gear can be replaced with simulated retracted wheels and the tail wheel can be removed for an authentic gear-up flight appearance.
Counter-rotating motors improve flight performance by virtually eliminating the adverse effects of torque.
Full Four-Channel Control
Four-channel control includes throttle, aileron, elevator and rudder with performance ultra micro linear long-throw servos.
The magnetically attached nose section of the B-17G conceals the battery compartment where the included 250mAh 1S 3.7V 20C Li-Po battery is installed.