The Durafly ‘Old Crow’ Mustang combines all the features you know and love from the Durafly ‘Furious Frankie’ P-51 but with a new stunning rendition of an iconic scheme. Those features included a great deal of scale detail from the true-to-scale 4 blade prop and spinner, down to the removable drop tanks and an outline that is very true to the full sized P-51D. The 1100mm (43.3″) span makes for a model that is not only practical in size and easily stored/transported, but also flies extraordinarily well with real presence in the air. As a Plug n Fly model, very little time is needed to assemble the Old Crow. Following the included manual you’ll have this P-51 together in no time thanks to the minimal part count and ease of assembly. The powerful outrunner motor, 35amp ESC, navigation lights, electric retracts & servos are all pre-installed meaning you’ll only need to glue the tailplane and bolt the wing on to finish assembly. Add your own lipo and 6 channel receiver and you’re ready to fly (see below for recommendations).
As with the majority of models from Durafly, the ‘Old Crow’ is designed for a 2200mah 3s lipo. Not only will this give you flight times in excess of 7 minutes, but will also provide ample power for all manner of scale and non scale manoeuvres all of which can be flown with ease thanks to the mild manners of this airframe, being both stable and predictable throughout the speed range. The Mustang’s handling on the ground is impeccable too, helped greatly by the steerable tail wheel and strong metal trunnion retracts, the Old Crow will handle even rough grass runways.
The Durafly P-51 has proven itself time and time again to be not only a great performer but a very popular and enjoyable model both to own and fly. And now in the scheme of the famous Old Crow, you’ll be able to turn heads all over again in the skies above your flying field.
• Stunningly authentic Old Crow finish, sure to turn heads
• A wide and predictable flight envelope
• Impeccable flight characteristic
• Realistic ‘slow speed’ flap servo’s
• Scale looks with an eye catching scheme
• Highly scale yet effective 4 blade props and spinner
• Tough EPO construction
• Navigation lights (pre-installed)
• Ease of assembly and high level of prefabrication.
• Tough and durable metal trunnion electronic retracts (pre-installed)
• Steerable tail wheel (adjustable)
• Suitable for both paved and grass fields
• Full spare parts available
Flying Weight: 1220g
Motor: 750kv Brushless Outrunner Motor (142000141)
ESC: 35A w/BEC
Servo: 9g x 6
Retract: Electronic (9142000034)
Wing Area: 20.3dm2
Wing Loading: 60.1g/dm2