There are few experiences in model aviation more satisfying to the soul than flying an efficient, slow-moving glider that has been launched to soaring altitude by hand. The Libelle takes RC hand-launch glider flying to the next level, building off of the global acceptance of the Dream-Flight Alula. Until now, this type of experience had been out of reach for many pilots for a variety of reasons. The Libelle is for everyone; it can be assembled, balanced, and trimmed for flight by pilots of any experience level.
Libelle pilots will get out and glide faster, as many time-saving tasks have been expertly finished at our factory. Utilizing the most modern materials and foam molding techniques, Dream-Flight has achieved a durable, lightweight, and super smooth airframe. The entire model is comprised of proprietary components purpose-designed for the Libelle. For ease of assembly, all essential areas of the model are self-aligning and interlocking.
WINGSPAN 1200 mm (47.2 in)
WING AREA 21.31dm2 (330 in2)
WEIGHT 278-290 gm (9.8-10.2 oz)
WING LOADING 13-13.6 gm/dm2 (4.3-4.5 oz/ft2)
CONTROLS 4-6 Channels
SKILL LEVEL Everyone!
ASSEMBLY 1-3 hours
FLIGHT STYLE Buoyant, nimble, and stable low lift flyer
- “ARG” Almost Ready to Glide – Get into the air faster with this quick assembly design!
- 100% self-aligning airframe produces a perfectly trimmed model for all skill levels
- Precision-molded EPO foam and composite parts ensure easy assembly and best performance
- Carbon fiber tail boom, wing spars, and pushrods produce a lightweight, durable airframe
- Highly efficient and graceful design for maximum enjoyment in light lift conditions
- Left or right handed wingtip launch system – Zoom to thermal catching altitude with ease!
- Flight and Assembly Manual provides thoughtful assembly and DLG soaring techniques